Monday, June 2, 2008

Flight of Fancy

I'll be showing in New Jersey this month at Crybaby Art Gallery. The show opens this Saturday, June 7th, runs through July 6.
Bethany Marchman has a solo show"Fauna" going on, and I'll be showing in "Flight of Fancy" with Kukula, and Pilar Alvarez. Here's one of the pieces I have in the show... "Dad's White Bread"

A close up...

And on the crafty tip, I made some stepping stones for our backyard to memorialize the boys while they're small. Everyone always says it goes so fast.... but when your in the middle of it, and waking up several times a night for feedings, spending your days tired as all hell and trying to work at night... it seems like they'll never get bigger, or more independant. I'm sure someday I'm going to look at these little hands and feetprints and cry, missing them being little...


And this past Sunday we actually got to enjoy a family day at the San Bernardino County Museum. My Dad always took us here when my brother and I were little, so I get really nostalic at this joint. They have a lot of really cool exhibits, here's a peek at the rocks/minerals.

The first time I ever saw one of these things, I was dropping off work for a show in L.A. and almost stepped on it. It seriously grossed me out.

When we would come here as kids, this guy scared the shite out of my brother. He's probably about 11 feet tall...
Once, when I was in my early 20's I came to this museum to be by myself and "soul search". It was Halloween, and I was the only person in the whole place. I have to admit, it WAS really spooky to be around this guy by myself. I kept thinking he was going to start moving or something.

Here' s me and the boys. They were a little preoccupied with the giant moose across from us...


The bird rooms. These were always my favorite. Although, on soul searching day... they freaked me out, too. That's a lot of little dead eyes looking back at you.

My bra was apparently also on display...

The museum has rows and rows of eggs to check out...

Dylan and I got all excited over the Road Runners, we see them all the time when we're out walking. We have them running through our backyard on occasion, too.

The Museum has this really cool exhibit about architecture going on right now. Here's an amazing dollhouse replica of Edward's Mansion.

And here's Michael braving the tarantula.

Going to Disneyland again this Wednesday! My birthday is this Thursday, June 5. Jeff Soto's is Tuesday, June 3rd... so we're diong a family b-day bash together at the happiest place on Earth. Dylan's SO excited to go there with Shannon...

No comments: