Monday, May 14, 2007

Mother's Day Weekend

Hope all of you other Momma's out there enjoyed your day! This weekend was pretty packed for us. Friday night Michael bought some new wheels. We were at the dealership until midnight. I was starving (what's new) and super tired by the time we left. But the truck is awesome. I love my bug, but I feel so much safer in this ride. It's the first brand new vehicle either of us has ever had. Nothing beats that new car smell...

Saturday morning we went up to camp Wrightwood. Our friends Sloan & Joseph run the camp, so we toodle up whenever they have a break from campers. Sloan is actually one of my best friends since third grade. Plus it's cool because I used to be a camp counselor back in the day... so we sing funky songs, and do silly little campy things when we get together. Here's a pic of Sloan & Joseph (This one was actually taken a few months back, didn't get any of them together on Saturday)

Here's Dylan meeting Felix, the camp snake

and checking out a cool, old hollowed out tree stump. It made me think of the tree that Boo Radley hid things in, or Pippy Longstocking...

Sunday was a day of running around, trying to see both sides of the family and spreading some Mom's day cheer.
I also had to finish up a little painting for the Wind-Up Gallery show that opens this weekend. I just went with the tattoo theme again for this little gal.


Tomorrow morning I have to go take this really crappy 3 hour long test for glucose tolerance. Hopefully everything works out cool in the end. I'm thinking on my next post I'll take some pics of our art collection. I always like to see what other artists have hanging on their walls. Until then, adios amoebas!

1 comment:

RobSchwager said...

I'll be looking forward to those art collection pics.

I'm horrible about hanging art on my walls. Kathie Olivas came over one time and scolded me cuz we have HUGE amounts of wallspace, with nothing on them.

I know. i suck.....